WATER DURING THE EARLY MORNING HOURS
Watering between 2:00 and 7:00 AM will reduce evaporation. Watering in the evening hours is not recommended, because plant material, especially Saint Augustine grass will then remain wet throughout the night which can promote fungal growth on warm summer nights. This will make your sprinkler system not only more effective, but also more efficient.
CONVERT BED ZONES TO DRIP IRRIAGATION
Often the water requirement for flower beds and shrubs zones are very different from those of turf grass. Conventional overhead spray heads can often waste water by throwing water over the tops of shrubs and thus not watering the root zone or damaging the side of a home or building by continually soaking its siding and wood trim. Converting to drip irrigation in your flower beds and shrub beds will release water at very slow rates to allow full absorption into the root zone. Eliminating wasteful and costly runoff.
Tips to Save Money:
- Make sure you know and follow your city's water conservation requirements.
- Reduce your watering frequency to no more than once every five days to encourage deeper, more drought-tolerant roots.
- Don't over water; most Texas lawns will stay healthy with only 1.5 inches of water a week.
- Buy a rain gauge to determine how much water your yard is receiving.
- Do not water on windy days.
- Have your sprinkler system checked regularly.
** 10% OFF LAWN SPRINKLER SERVICE LABOR FOR SENIORS 65 AND OLDER! **
** Refer a friend and get a small discount on your next service! **
* CALL for more details. Some restrictions may apply.
1040 Shady Oaks Dr., Suite 100
Denton, TX 76205
Call us now: (940) 387-3268
Call us to schedule a free quote
1040 Shady Oaks Dr. #100
Denton, TX 76205